Heineken UK unveils Olympic Strongbow cider campaign - video
Heineken's UK unit has launched a "multi-million pound" campaign as part of its exclusive sponsorship of Team GB in the 2016 Olympic Games.
'Let's Own It' includes TV, out of home, video-on-demand, radio, digital and social media activity. The campaign launched yesterday and will run for six weeks.
"We want to bring back the excitement we all felt during London 2012 and rally the nation to get behind Team GB," said Cindy Tervoort, marketing director at Heineken. "The pride and enthusiasm we experienced as a nation in 2012 was incredibly special, and we anticipate that our campaign will help the nation feel it once again."
This is the first campaign to run across all Strongbow variants, including: Strongbow Original, Strongbow Dark Fruit and Strongbow Cloudy Apple. It is supported in-store with Team GB packaging across the range as well as a chance for consumers to win limited-edition Strongbow Cloudy Apple pint glasses.
The 2016 Rio Olympic Games run from 5-21 August.
Earlier this week, Heineken released its full-year results for 2016. The brewer saw its sales in the year rise by almost 5% in organic terms, although profits fell, against a 2015 boosted by a one-off...
Heineken Group is a global alcoholic drinks player present in more than 70 countries around the world....
Heineken Slovensko, part of the Heineken NV group, was one of the largest producers of beer and cider in Slovakia in 2015....
Earlier this week, Heineken was the latest global brewer to release its results for the 12 months of 2016. While sales rose in organic terms, by almost 5%, the bottom line battled with currency headwi...
Heineken Hungária aims to strengthen its position as the leading producer of premium lager in Hungary and supply the local market with both high quality beer and cider products....
Earlier today, Heineken announced that it will purchase Kirin Holdings' Brazilian beer and soft drinks assets for just over US$705m. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at Brazil's beer market and t...
Heineken México is the second largest beer company in Mexico, after Grupo Modelo....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends