NETHERLANDS: Heineken to revamp The Heineken Experience
Heineken is to close its beer museum in Amsterdam for eight months, as part of a renovation of the exhibition.
The brewer, which earlier this week confirmed it is in talks with Carlsberg to jointly break up Scottish & Newcastle, said today (19 October) that The Heineken Experience will close at the end of this month, and reopen in June having undergone "a multi-million euro renovation".
"In the past three years, the number of visitors to the Heineken Experience has grown enormously. In 2006, we welcomed over 350,000" said Hans Maris, manager of The Heineken Experience. "To keep up with the growing popularity of the Heineken Experience, and to communicate the Heineken brand values in a more contemporary way, we are going to create an enlarged, unique and highly interactive experience for our guests."
The Heineken Experience, which includes an interactive tour and the chance to drink one of the brewer's beers afterwards, opened in 2001.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
Heineken shareholders have approved the acquisition by Sunrise Acquisitions, a company jointly owned by Heineken and Carlsberg for the entire share capital of Scottish & Newcastle....
The European Union has made a plea to the alcoholic drinks industry to stop targeting young people and minors in marketing campaigns....
The head of United Breweries has said that there "shouldn't be any roadblocks" in his company's negotiations with Heineken over a stake in the Indian company....
Heineken has stayed silent on rumours it is in talks with Belarus' Rechitsapivo brewery over potentially taking a controlling stake....
Heineken has clarified claims that it expects this year's revenue growth in Russia to be lower than last year as inaccurate....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Carlsberg has confirmed plans to build two new breweries in India, through its South Asia Breweries joint venture in the country....
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends