EUROPE: Heineken to relocate Europe executives
Heineken's CEE execs will move to Amsterdam
Heineken's Central and Eastern European (CEE) senior management team is being relocated from Austria to the group's HQ in Amsterdam, the company has confirmed.
In a statement to just-drinks today (17 January), the brewer said that its CEE “leadership team” and a “limited number” of regional employees will move from its Lassallestrasse office, in Vienna, Austria to the group's head office this summer. A company spokesperson declined to comment on the possibility of redundancies, but the statement said that some employees will be “affected by the move”.
Asked whether the shake-up was related to financial savings for the group, the spokesperson said: “This is not about cost-cutting, but about improving the decision-making process and facilitating knowledge sharing across the various regions by being at the corporate centre in Amsterdam.”
Heineken said it intends to keep a "regional hub" in its Schwechat office in Vienna. However the spokesperson declined to confirm that the Lassallestrasse office is closing.
The statement added: “The move will not impact the way we manage the markets in the CEE region.”
Earlier today, Heineken-owned brewer and soft drinks maker Hartwall said it plans to cut up to 8% of its staff and outsource part of its sales work in Finland.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018