EUROPE: Heineken to relocate Europe executives
Heineken's CEE execs will move to Amsterdam
Heineken's Central and Eastern European (CEE) senior management team is being relocated from Austria to the group's HQ in Amsterdam, the company has confirmed.
In a statement to just-drinks today (17 January), the brewer said that its CEE “leadership team” and a “limited number” of regional employees will move from its Lassallestrasse office, in Vienna, Austria to the group's head office this summer. A company spokesperson declined to comment on the possibility of redundancies, but the statement said that some employees will be “affected by the move”.
Asked whether the shake-up was related to financial savings for the group, the spokesperson said: “This is not about cost-cutting, but about improving the decision-making process and facilitating knowledge sharing across the various regions by being at the corporate centre in Amsterdam.”
Heineken said it intends to keep a "regional hub" in its Schwechat office in Vienna. However the spokesperson declined to confirm that the Lassallestrasse office is closing.
The statement added: “The move will not impact the way we manage the markets in the CEE region.”
Earlier today, Heineken-owned brewer and soft drinks maker Hartwall said it plans to cut up to 8% of its staff and outsource part of its sales work in Finland.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review