US: Heineken to re-release Newcastle Werewolf
Click through to view an image of the product
Heineken's US unit is re-releasing a “limited-edition” variant of its Newcastle Brown Ale.
Newcastle Werewolf, first launched last August, will be made avaible across the US from August to October in six-packs, 12-packs in the off-trade and on draught, the company said yesterday (18 July). The 4.5% abv brew is described as a “blood red ale that starts smooth and mellow and transforms suddenly to offer a bite of bitterness that is long and lingering”.
The re-release is also being backed by a national TV ad, local sampling and point-of-sale materials, the brewer said.
In May, Heineken launched another "limited-edition" variant of the brand, Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale.
Earlier in the year, Heineken updated its ad campaign for the core brand.
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken do Brasil Comercial’s strategic direction became more aggressive in 2012. The company invested in new product launches and marketing and advertising campaigns to attract the attention of cons...
This is the first in a new series of short reports from just-drinks. These profiles will bring together all of just-drinks' coverage of a major development involving some of the leading players in the...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Ex-Diageo exec takes over Island Club spirits
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets