US: Heineken to re-release Newcastle Werewolf
Click through to view an image of the product
Heineken's US unit is re-releasing a “limited-edition” variant of its Newcastle Brown Ale.
Newcastle Werewolf, first launched last August, will be made avaible across the US from August to October in six-packs, 12-packs in the off-trade and on draught, the company said yesterday (18 July). The 4.5% abv brew is described as a “blood red ale that starts smooth and mellow and transforms suddenly to offer a bite of bitterness that is long and lingering”.
The re-release is also being backed by a national TV ad, local sampling and point-of-sale materials, the brewer said.
In May, Heineken launched another "limited-edition" variant of the brand, Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale.
Earlier in the year, Heineken updated its ad campaign for the core brand.
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
Vietnam is the "stand out" market for brewers looking to replace spluttering BRIC growth, a new study has claimed....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts