US: Heineken to re-release Newcastle Werewolf
Click through to view an image of the product
Heineken's US unit is re-releasing a “limited-edition” variant of its Newcastle Brown Ale.
Newcastle Werewolf, first launched last August, will be made avaible across the US from August to October in six-packs, 12-packs in the off-trade and on draught, the company said yesterday (18 July). The 4.5% abv brew is described as a “blood red ale that starts smooth and mellow and transforms suddenly to offer a bite of bitterness that is long and lingering”.
The re-release is also being backed by a national TV ad, local sampling and point-of-sale materials, the brewer said.
In May, Heineken launched another "limited-edition" variant of the brand, Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale.
Earlier in the year, Heineken updated its ad campaign for the core brand.
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken do Brasil Comercial’s strategic direction became more aggressive in 2012. The company invested in new product launches and marketing and advertising campaigns to attract the attention of cons...
This is the first in a new series of short reports from just-drinks. These profiles will bring together all of just-drinks' coverage of a major development involving some of the leading players in the...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report