US: Heineken to launch new Tecate Michelada next week
Click through to view Heineken's Tecate Michelada
Heineken is to launch a new variation on Tecate in the US next week and release another of its beer brands in bottled format.
The new launch, Tecate Michelada, is a freshly-created liquid and will be the first canned RTD michelada available in the US. A michelada is a Mexican drink made with beer, lime juice, tomato juice and spices.
Heineken took on the Tecate brand after it acquired FEMSA's beer business, FEMSA Cerveza, in January 2010.
Meanwhile, Amstel Wheat Bier, which has been available on draught in seven US cities since last August, is being launched in bottles in "selected markets", just-drinks understands.
Both drinks are due to be officially launched next week.
Heineken is currently locked in a battle for control of Tiger brewer Asia Pacific Breweries.
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This year, just-drinks returns to the subject with four separate management briefings, one per sector....
In the second part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the brewing sector, Ben Cooper looks at the role played by sourcing ingredients locally....
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at the efforts of the brewing world in the environmental sustainability arena, considers the work of Heineken, Molson Coors a...
Heineken has a "low appetite" for China's mainstream beer sector and will continue to concentrate on the premium end of the market, the head of the Dutch brewer has said....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads