US: Heineken to launch new Tecate Michelada next week
Click through to view Heineken's Tecate Michelada
Heineken is to launch a new variation on Tecate in the US next week and release another of its beer brands in bottled format.
The new launch, Tecate Michelada, is a freshly-created liquid and will be the first canned RTD michelada available in the US. A michelada is a Mexican drink made with beer, lime juice, tomato juice and spices.
Heineken took on the Tecate brand after it acquired FEMSA's beer business, FEMSA Cerveza, in January 2010.
Meanwhile, Amstel Wheat Bier, which has been available on draught in seven US cities since last August, is being launched in bottles in "selected markets", just-drinks understands.
Both drinks are due to be officially launched next week.
Heineken is currently locked in a battle for control of Tiger brewer Asia Pacific Breweries.
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This year, just-drinks returns to the subject with four separate management briefings, one per sector....
In the second part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the brewing sector, Ben Cooper looks at the role played by sourcing ingredients locally....
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at the efforts of the brewing world in the environmental sustainability arena, considers the work of Heineken, Molson Coors a...
Heineken has a "low appetite" for China's mainstream beer sector and will continue to concentrate on the premium end of the market, the head of the Dutch brewer has said....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research