US: Heineken to focus on "luxury light"
Heineken's US subsidiary is looking to "redefine the light beer marketplace" by focusing on developing a new subcategory, Luxury Light, with the introduction of Heineken Premium Light Lager. The company says the new subcategory "will surpass the current standards in light beer" and satisfy consumer needs for high quality drinkability with premium cachet.
Key to this strategy is the introduction of Heineken Premium Light Lager, while Heineken's offer in this category also includes its Amstel Light brand. Heineken Premium Light Lager offers a highly drinkable lighter taste that maintains subtle cues of the Heineken signature flavour, the company said.
"We believe that consumers have been frustrated by the lack of premium choices within the light beer category," said Andy Glaser, brand director, Heineken USA. "Simply put, consumers should not have to sacrifice the quality, taste and cache of a premium brand when selecting a light beer."
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets