CZECH REPUBLIC: Heineken to close breweries
Heineken will close breweries in Czech Republic as part of a three-year cost savings programme across the group.
Breweries in Kutná Hora and Znojmo are to close, the Netherlands-based brewer said today (16 June).
Kutná Hora and Znojmo produce Dacicky and Hostan beer brands and are part of Heineken subsidiaries Drinks Union and Starobrno respectively. The brewer also owns Krusovice in the country.
Heineken has previously been linked to a move for A-B InBev's Staropramen beer arm in Czech Republic.
Analysts and investors raised a toast to SABMiller's half-year results yesterday (19 November), despite a 26% drop in pre-tax profits, reports Michelle Russell....
Results posted by major brewers in recent weeks suggest conditions are improving in the global beer market, which is borne out by a new report from just-drinks forecasting growth over the medium term....
Alcoholic drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem....
Molson Coors and C&C Group have revised their distribution agreement over C&C's Draught Magners cider brand in the UK....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Two senior drinks industry heads have backed the launch of a book by The International Center for Alcohol Policies, calling for the industry to play a strong part in policy and implementation....
Asia Pacific Breweries has announced a change of regional director for its China operations....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has beefed up its "recyclage" activity for its Stella Artois brand in the UK....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research