NETHERLANDS: Heineken targets grey dollar in competition call
Heineken has made a global call for help
Heineken has set its sights on the over-60s as it tries to tap into the well-off and time-rich demographic.
The Dutch brewer has called for submissions from the public to help the company build new products and campaigns aimed at the over-60s. Submissions for the 60+ Generation Project, which must be sent by tomorrow (28 February), should be entered through Heineken's 'Ideas Brewery' website and will compete for a share of a US$10,000 prize.
“The 60-plus consumer demographic is a group that is, by and large, affluent, has lots of spare time and enjoys treating themselves with good experiences,” a Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks yesterday. “Through the competition, we hope to get better insights into what motivates these consumers and what opportunities we can create from these insights with either new products or specifically targeted campaigns.”
The spokesperson said that Heineken already positions speciality and regional brands such as Brandt Bier at a slightly older age group from its more mainstream Heineken and Amstel brands. “But, we recognise there is a potential opportunity to drive scale behind this consumer target,” the spokesperson added.
A video explaining the submissions brief can be viewed below.
Heineken's Ideas Brewery was launched in April last year and aims to attract insights from outside the company. The spokesperson said insights from previous Ideas Brewery competitions “have a real chance of coming to market”, but gave no details.
This month, Heineken posted single-digit rises in year-on-year full-year profits and sales.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages