UK: Heineken taps into text messaging craze
Pub-goers will have the opportunity to play a general knowledge quiz on their mobile phones with a reward of a free pint for successful players.
During the SMS quiz drive outlets will display a special telephone number, which customers can ring to enter the promotion. They will then receive a text message featuring three general knowledge questions, which they have to answer. Those who answer all three correctly will receive a text message saying they have won a free pint of Heineken.
"This link-up with cutting-edge technology will reinforce the contemporary nature of the brand and communicate the message that it is innovative and up-to-date to a key audience of lager drinkers ages 18-24," said James Dickson, national sales and marketing director for Heineken.
"The nature of this promotion will also enhance the fun and excitement of the pub occasion, drive awareness and generate brand loyalty," he added.
The promotion will run nationally (while stocks last) from the middle of June in a selected number of outlets catering for young adults. Consumers will only be able to play during the week between Monday and Thursday in a bid to help outlets attract business during quiet trading periods.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits