ARGENTINA: Heineken takes legal action over Ambev deal
The Dutch brewing group, Heineken, is taking legal action to block the US$600m acquisition by the Brazilian drinks group, Ambev, of a 36% stake in the Argentine brewer, Quilmes Industrial SA (Quinsa). Heineken owns a 15% stake and Quinsa an 85% stake in Quilmes International Bermuda (QIB) which groups the Quilmes operations. Heineken had said in February that it was interested in raising its stake in QIB.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch