UK: Heineken switches Zywiec distribution to S&N in UK
Scottish & Newcastle UK (S&N UK) is taking over the marketing and distribution of Zywiec beer in the UK.
The Heineken-owned unit said today (29 January) that it will hold the exclusive rights in the country for the brand, which is owned by Polish company Grupa Zywiec, also controlled by Heineken.
Distribution of Zywiec has until now been handled in the UK by Brand Distribution & Development Ltd (BDD).
"We are delighted to welcome Zywiec beer as the latest addition to our premium lager portfolio," said Jonathan Townsend, speciality brands director, S&N UK.
"There are over 1m Poles currently residing in the UK who are estimated to consume over 1m hectolitres of beer per annum. Whilst we recognise that this is a relatively transient target market, ... we will be able to significantly grow the brand in the UK."
Michael McKeown, supply chain and export director of Grupa Zywiec, added: "Given the strength of its distribution network and depth of experience in the UK beer market, we are confident that S&N UK is well-placed to leverage the huge growth potential of our flagship brand."
S&N UK became part of Heineken in April last year, when the Dutch company teamed up with Carlsberg to buy and break-up S&N.
The Coca-Cola Co posted a healthy 16% lift in first half net profits this week, ahead of PepsiCo's 2% drop. Michelle Russell examines the fortunes of the two rivals....
Fortune Brands is to increase spending behind key spirits brands in the second half of 2009, following a "solid" performance across much of its portfolio in the last six months....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the previously announced sale of Oriental Brewery (OB) to an affiliate of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR) for US$1.8 billion....
Diageo has welcomed the acquisition of a 1% stake in the company by one of China's largest state-controlled investment groups....
Wine and spirit maker Constellation Brands has signed multiyear deals with four distributors in the US in a bid to streamline its distribution network....
Coca-Cola Femsa has reported a 29% rise in sales for the first half of 2009, boosted by sparkling soft drinks in Mexico and Brazil-based Refrigerantes Minas Gerais (Remil)....
Brown-Forman executive officers and directors will not receive salary increases in the coming year, the company's board of directors has said....
Fortune Brands has reported a 58% drop in net profits for the first six months of 2009, but reaffirmed full-year guidance following a solid performance from subsidiary Beam Global Spirits & Wine....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends