US: Heineken switches US Strongbow distribution in-house
Heineken will up distribution of Strongbow in the US
Heineken is moving US distribution of Strongbrow in-house as it aims to "accelerate" the brand's growth and capitalise on the country's fast-growing cider market.
The Dutch brewer's US subsidiary, Heineken USA, will take on distribution of the cider from next January, it announced today (15 August). For the past nine years, Strongbow has been distributed in the US by Vermont Hard Cider Company.
"We see this as a pivotal moment to further accelerate Strongbow's growth by supporting the brand with the full weight of Heineken USA's resources and capabilities," said Dolf van den Brink, Heineken USA's president & CEO.
The company said it will "position Strongbow as the leading upscale cider brand, offering both male and female consumers an alternative alcoholic beverage option", highlighting that the US cider market grew 20% last year.
Heineken's distribution strategy and marketing plans will be finalised in the coming months, ahead of next year's switch, the group added.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review