US: Heineken switches US Strongbow distribution in-house
Heineken will up distribution of Strongbow in the US
Heineken is moving US distribution of Strongbrow in-house as it aims to "accelerate" the brand's growth and capitalise on the country's fast-growing cider market.
The Dutch brewer's US subsidiary, Heineken USA, will take on distribution of the cider from next January, it announced today (15 August). For the past nine years, Strongbow has been distributed in the US by Vermont Hard Cider Company.
"We see this as a pivotal moment to further accelerate Strongbow's growth by supporting the brand with the full weight of Heineken USA's resources and capabilities," said Dolf van den Brink, Heineken USA's president & CEO.
The company said it will "position Strongbow as the leading upscale cider brand, offering both male and female consumers an alternative alcoholic beverage option", highlighting that the US cider market grew 20% last year.
Heineken's distribution strategy and marketing plans will be finalised in the coming months, ahead of next year's switch, the group added.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends