US: Heineken switches US Strongbow distribution in-house
Heineken will up distribution of Strongbow in the US
Heineken is moving US distribution of Strongbrow in-house as it aims to "accelerate" the brand's growth and capitalise on the country's fast-growing cider market.
The Dutch brewer's US subsidiary, Heineken USA, will take on distribution of the cider from next January, it announced today (15 August). For the past nine years, Strongbow has been distributed in the US by Vermont Hard Cider Company.
"We see this as a pivotal moment to further accelerate Strongbow's growth by supporting the brand with the full weight of Heineken USA's resources and capabilities," said Dolf van den Brink, Heineken USA's president & CEO.
The company said it will "position Strongbow as the leading upscale cider brand, offering both male and female consumers an alternative alcoholic beverage option", highlighting that the US cider market grew 20% last year.
Heineken's distribution strategy and marketing plans will be finalised in the coming months, ahead of next year's switch, the group added.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018