US: Heineken switches US Strongbow distribution in-house
Heineken will up distribution of Strongbow in the US
Heineken is moving US distribution of Strongbrow in-house as it aims to "accelerate" the brand's growth and capitalise on the country's fast-growing cider market.
The Dutch brewer's US subsidiary, Heineken USA, will take on distribution of the cider from next January, it announced today (15 August). For the past nine years, Strongbow has been distributed in the US by Vermont Hard Cider Company.
"We see this as a pivotal moment to further accelerate Strongbow's growth by supporting the brand with the full weight of Heineken USA's resources and capabilities," said Dolf van den Brink, Heineken USA's president & CEO.
The company said it will "position Strongbow as the leading upscale cider brand, offering both male and female consumers an alternative alcoholic beverage option", highlighting that the US cider market grew 20% last year.
Heineken's distribution strategy and marketing plans will be finalised in the coming months, ahead of next year's switch, the group added.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets