US: Heineken switches US Strongbow distribution in-house
Heineken will up distribution of Strongbow in the US
Heineken is moving US distribution of Strongbrow in-house as it aims to "accelerate" the brand's growth and capitalise on the country's fast-growing cider market.
The Dutch brewer's US subsidiary, Heineken USA, will take on distribution of the cider from next January, it announced today (15 August). For the past nine years, Strongbow has been distributed in the US by Vermont Hard Cider Company.
"We see this as a pivotal moment to further accelerate Strongbow's growth by supporting the brand with the full weight of Heineken USA's resources and capabilities," said Dolf van den Brink, Heineken USA's president & CEO.
The company said it will "position Strongbow as the leading upscale cider brand, offering both male and female consumers an alternative alcoholic beverage option", highlighting that the US cider market grew 20% last year.
Heineken's distribution strategy and marketing plans will be finalised in the coming months, ahead of next year's switch, the group added.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research