SPAIN: Heineken strikes deal to sell brewery site
Heineken announced today (7 August) that it has signed an agreement to sell its existing brewery site in Spain to a group of local developers.
The Dutch brewing giant is building a new brewery just outside Seville and will leave its current site in the Spanish city in March 2008.
Heineken said it had struck a deal to sell the land and buildings to Spanish developers Viviendas Ciudad de Sevilla.
When the deal goes through, Heineken will book an after-tax gain of EUR279m (US$358.8m) during the second half of this year.
Heineken has once again signed a licensing deal with Anheuser-Busch to brew the US brewing giant's flagship brand Budweiser....
Beer sales in Slovakia slid last year, according to recent figures....
Anheuser-Busch has stayed silent on reports in India that it has decided on a local venture partner in the fast-growing beer market....
South African Breweries is seeking a meeting with the country's competition watchdog next month to hold talks on allegations that it has broken competition rules on distribution....
Carlsberg has seen the head of its Italian business leave the company amid "tough" conditions in the country's beer market, the brewer said today (15 January). Carlsberg Italia CEO Claudio Riva has le...
Workers at a Campari production site in Italy have gone on strike to protest against the drinks group's plans to close the plant....
InBev's Bulgarian unit is stepping up its marketing investment behind flagship beer Astika, according to local reports....
Chile-based drinks group Compania de Cervecerias Unidas has reported a healthy rise in volumes despite a slump in domestic wine sales....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends