UK: Heineken slows down Motorhead for Kronenbourg 1664 ad
The UK arm of Heineken has lined up an advertising push for its Kronenbourg 1664 , featuring the rock band Motorhead.
The unit said yesterday (27 October) that a campaign, entitled ‘Slow the Pace’, will see Kronenbourg return to UK TV screens for the first time since 2006, when it was owned by Scottish & Newcastle. The first execution shows rock band Motorhead performing a slowed-down version of ‘Ace of Spades’. Over the next 12 months, Heineken UK will team up with other musical artists and record slowed-down version of their well-known tracks.
The rest of the campaign includes press and digital advertising, a short-film documentary and a social media activity.
“Showing Motorhead performing a … different version of ... ‘Ace of Spades’ is an ... innovative way to deliver the consumer message that Kronenbourg 1664 is a beer that is brewed to be enjoyed slowly,” said Lucas Bergmans, senior brand manager for Kronenbourg at Heineken UK.
The newly-recorded version of 'Ace of Spades' is available to download here.
Don't go getting too excited about talk of improvements in mature beer markets....
In Denmark, this month, Pete Brown bore witness to the latest attempt by a multinational brewer to give its flagship beer a global identity. This well-worn road, however, is beset by perils and pitfal...
Carlsberg's new worldwide strapline highlights the lack of truly global beer brands in an extremely consolidated industry....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts