UPDATE - UK: Heineken slows down 'Baggy Trousers' for next Kronenbourg push
Heineken has lined up the pop group Madness for the second part of the 'Slow the Pace' campaign for its Kronenbourg beer brand in the UK.
The company confirmed last week that a television advert, which features a slowed down version of Madness' 'Baggy Trousers', will launch on 4 June. The ad can be viewed below.
The UK-specific campaign, which began in October last year with a slowed-down version of Motorhead's Ace of Spades, will also include a short documentary film, a print campaign and social media activity on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.
The ad will debut as an extended two-minute execution during ITV’s live coverage of England’s Euro 2012 Football Championships qualifier against Switzerland, before appearing in shorter 60” and 30” formats. The new version of ‘Baggy Trousers’ will be available on iTunes from 6 June, while a free sample version can be downloaded from Kronenbourg's website or the brand's Facebook page.
Heineken took ownership of Kronenbourg when it jointly bought Scottish & Newcastle, along with Carlsberg, in 2008.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends