Heineken silent on Kirin's Brazil unit purchase talk
Heineken is building a seventh brewery in Brazil
Brazil Journal on Friday said the Dutch brewer is in the final stages of negotiations for Schincariol, the Brazillian brewery Kirin bought in 2011. The deal would almost double Heineken's 9% market share in Brazil, which is dominated by Anheuser-Busch InBev's AmBev, Brazil Journal said.
A Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks the report is speculation and that the company has no comment.
According to Heineken data from last year, the company was Brazil's third-biggest brewer behind AmBev and Schincariol. Its six breweries in the country produce 12.1m hectolitres a year, with distribution backed up by a partnership with Coca-Cola. Last November it unveiled plans to build a seventh brewery.
Brazil Journal, a financial blog written by the Wall Street Journal's former Brazil correspondent Geraldo Samor, said Grupo Petrópolis has overtaken Heineken and Schincariol to take second place in the Brazillian market.
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Canadean's "Heineken N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Canadean's "Heineken UK Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
Kirin Brewery Ltd aims to increase its sales over the forecast period by reinforcing core brands such as the mid-priced lager Kirin Ichiban Shibori and strengthening its craft beer portfolio. In addit...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends