RUSSIA: Heineken silent on Kirin rumours
Heineken has refused to comment on reports in Russia that it is in talks with the local distributor of Kirin Brewery to produce the Japanese brewer's flagship brand.
Kirin's local distributor, MDS, said today (20 April) that it was hoping to strike a deal to get the brand produced at Heineken's Kaliningrad plant, according to a report in Russian daily Biznes.
However, a spokesperson for Heineken Russia in St. Petersburg declined to comment on the reports.
"We never comment on gossip or rumours. Distributors in Russia like to talk," she told just-drinks.
Heineken has renewed its contract with UEFA to sponsor the Champions League for a further three years....
Heineken is looking to cut around 200 jobs in France, according to local press reports....
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Heineken has issued revised profit figures for 2004....
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), Heineken's regional joint venture with Fraser & Neave, has reported a net profit for the second quarter of the 2004/2005 fiscal year....
The senior vice president of marketing at Heineken USA is to stand down after 10 years in the position....
Dutch brewer Heineken NV said today (6 May) that it has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of Patra brewery in Yekaterinburg, Russia....
Heineken has announced the launch of four new brands of lower alcohol beer in France....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research