UK: Heineken signs Olympics deal
Heineken to be offficial lager at London 2012 Olympics
Heineken has beaten off rivals to ensure that its namesake beer will be the official lager at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Heineken will have exclusive pouring rights for its portfolio of beers and cider, including Bulmers and Strongbow, at all Olympic venues in London where alcohol is served, said the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games today (3 February).
The deal also extends to sponsorship of the British Olympics Association and 'Team GB', as well as the British Paralympic Association.
Heineken's MD in the UK, Stefan Orlowski, said that the deal will help Heineken to build its namesake lager as a global brand.
"There are no bigger, global or more spectacular events than the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games," he said. "It is a significant investment and undertaking for the company," he added, although financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
The Netherlands-based brewer is already heavily involved in sport as a sponsor of the UEFA Champions League and the Rugby Union World Cup, which takes place in New Zealand later this year.
The US arm of Heineken is preparing the next advert in its 'Be a Man of the World' campaign for Heineken Light....
Castel Group's African beer business, Brasseries & Glacieres Internationales, has reportedly formed a joint-venture with Raya Brewery in Ethiopia....
Heineken UK has said that Foster's will again sponsor the Edinburgh Comedy Awards this year....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends