UK: Heineken signs Foster's comedy deal
Foster's has comedy strategy
The deal is part of Heineken's strategy to deepen links between the Foster's brand and comedy in the UK.
This year's awards will be known as the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards, said the brewer yesterday (26 May). The winner will be announced at a ceremony on 28 August.
"We have chosen comedy to provide a major marketing platform for Foster’s in 2010 and beyond because we know humour plays a large and important role in the lives of our target market," said Heineken UK brands director Mark Given.
Foster’s will also sponsor more than 100 hours of Channel Four’s Original Comedy television programming this year.
Foster's Group has said it intends to contest income tax assessments it has received from the Australian Commissioner of Taxation....
Rwanda's Government has reportedly said that it will sell off its remaining stake in the country's Bralirwa brewer, which is majority-owned by Heineken....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India