GLOBAL: Heineken signs Facebook deal
Heineken, Facebook form global partnership
Heineken said today (8 December) that it has formed a global partnership with Facebook. The two firms will collaborate on digital marketing campaigns, the Netherlands-based brewer said.
For Heineken, the deal strengthens its hand in digital marketing, an increasing area of focus for drinks companies. Facebook, meanwhile, has been seeking advertising deals in order to increase revenue. In September, the social networking site signed a multi-million dollar deal with Guinness brewer Diageo.
Heineken said of today's deal: "Through this agreement, Facebook will provide Heineken with a global marketing platform that reaches millions of people, as well as access to Facebook’s deep expertise in building long-term relationships between brands and their audiences." The brewer's chief commercial officer, Alexis Nasard, added: "As our adult consumers are increasingly spending more time on digital space and social media, it is important that our brands are active in this environment."
In July, Heineken agreed an advertising tie-up with Google-owned YouTube. The two have agreed to work together on marketing campaigns in 20 markets.
This month, Pete Brown, fervent Twitterer, looks at the social media site and considers how the brewing world is talking to its consumers. If they're talking at all....
This week, Pernod Ricard is hosting members of the media and the analyst community in Scotland for two days as it presents a capital markets day on Wednesday (30 May). Ahead of the trip, just-drinks l...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends