UK: Heineken shares hit by Kaiser sale report
A report in the New York Times, claiming that Molson may sell its 80% stake in Brazilian group Kaiser hit Heineken's shares this morning. The Dutch group, which currently owns the remaining 20% of Kaiser, is seen by dealers as being the most obvious candidate to buy Molson's stake.
The New York Times said Daniel O'Neill, chief executive of Molson, told the company's AGM yesterday that it might seek a buyer for its stake in Kaiser unless its fortunes improve markedly by January.
Shares in Heineken initially fell, but rallied later as analysts dismissed the report. A London-based trader said that Molson has been increasing its spending in Brazil and has recently reiterated its commitment to the country.
Molson Coors has appointed a new chief commercial officer for Molson Canada....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Molson Coors has appointed a new chief legal officer....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Molson Coors has begun brewing in Russia....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
The chief financial officer of Brau Union has resigned....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends