RUSSIA: Heineken sells Stepan Razin distribution centre
Heineken said St Petersburg and Russia's north-west remain important regions
Heineken has sold one of its former brewery sites, turned distribution centre, in Russia for an undisclosed sum.
The 7.4-hectare Stepan Razin site, in St Petersburg, saw production cease in 2009. Since then it has been used as a distribution centre.
The site has been sold to Stepan Razin Development, which plans to rent out some of the property as office space, Heineken confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (9 April).
Anna Meleshina, Heinekens's corporate relations director for Russia, said St Petersburg and Russia northwest region remained “important markets” for the group. She added: “The decrease in costs allows us to increase our competitiveness and maintain a leading position in the region, and also enables growth in the profitability of the business.”
Russia has been a challenging region for brewers to operate in of late. New laws banning the sale of beer from street kioks and print media advertising of alcohol were introduced earlier this year, on top of hefty duty hikes in the last two years.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research