RUSSIA: Heineken sells Stepan Razin distribution centre
Heineken said St Petersburg and Russia's north-west remain important regions
Heineken has sold one of its former brewery sites, turned distribution centre, in Russia for an undisclosed sum.
The 7.4-hectare Stepan Razin site, in St Petersburg, saw production cease in 2009. Since then it has been used as a distribution centre.
The site has been sold to Stepan Razin Development, which plans to rent out some of the property as office space, Heineken confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (9 April).
Anna Meleshina, Heinekens's corporate relations director for Russia, said St Petersburg and Russia northwest region remained “important markets” for the group. She added: “The decrease in costs allows us to increase our competitiveness and maintain a leading position in the region, and also enables growth in the profitability of the business.”
Russia has been a challenging region for brewers to operate in of late. New laws banning the sale of beer from street kioks and print media advertising of alcohol were introduced earlier this year, on top of hefty duty hikes in the last two years.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
Global Alcoholic Drinks industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The p...
Alcoholic Drinks in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review