Heineken seeks tech help to crack industry puzzles
Heineken is offering a cash incentive
Heineken is offering upwards of EUR50,000 (US$63,000) to technology firms that can solve beer industry problems such as how to make drinking in moderation “cool”.
The Dutch brewer said today the project, called Frontier, will seek product or service innovations that can help Heineken get closer to consumers. The company has outlined four briefs, including using new technology to encourage responsible drinking, creating innovative music events, allowing a better beer experience at bars and giving consumers more shopping choices.
The winning idea for each brief will receive a minimum of EUR50,000 to help implement the idea with Heineken.
Gianluca Di Tondo, global senior director for the Heineken brand, said the scheme differs from other alcohol companies' accelerators because it doesn't only target start-ups. Di Tondo said: “We’re looking to partner with technology companies at all ends of the innovation ecosystem - for us it’s all about the idea, no matter how small or big that idea may be or who surfaces it.”
Diageo is moving into its third year of an entrepreneur initiative with Distill Ventures that offers cash funding of up to GBP175,000 (US$291,000) to spirits start-ups.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends