UK: Heineken secures deal with Welsh Rugby Union
Heineken has signed a four-year deal with the Welsh Rugby Union
Heineken has been confirmed as the official lager and cider partner to the Welsh Rugby Union, taking effect from June.
The four-year deal means Heineken, Foster's and Strongbow will be served in Cardiff's Millenium Stadium. The brands will sit alongside Welsh brewer Brains' namesake beer brand, which will continue as the official ale of the WRU until 2016, with its SA brand also available at the stadium.
Lawson Mountstevens, managing director, UK on-trade at Heineken, said: “Heineken and Foster’s are both showing strong growth in Wales and the new agreement signals our commitment to maintaining this brand momentum to drive sales still further in the country.”
Heineken already has string ties with rugby union: It sponsors the Heineken Cup club rugby competition in Europe and is also a headline sponsor of the Rugby World Cup international tournament.
The Romanian beer market grew by 4% in the first half of the year, according to the country's national brewers association....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends