UK: Heineken secures deal with Welsh Rugby Union
Heineken has signed a four-year deal with the Welsh Rugby Union
Heineken has been confirmed as the official lager and cider partner to the Welsh Rugby Union, taking effect from June.
The four-year deal means Heineken, Foster's and Strongbow will be served in Cardiff's Millenium Stadium. The brands will sit alongside Welsh brewer Brains' namesake beer brand, which will continue as the official ale of the WRU until 2016, with its SA brand also available at the stadium.
Lawson Mountstevens, managing director, UK on-trade at Heineken, said: “Heineken and Foster’s are both showing strong growth in Wales and the new agreement signals our commitment to maintaining this brand momentum to drive sales still further in the country.”
Heineken already has string ties with rugby union: It sponsors the Heineken Cup club rugby competition in Europe and is also a headline sponsor of the Rugby World Cup international tournament.
The Romanian beer market grew by 4% in the first half of the year, according to the country's national brewers association....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer