NETHERLANDS/SINGAPORE: Heineken seals Asia Pacific Breweries deal
Heineken will finally get full control of Asia Pacific Breweries
Heineken has raised its stake in Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) to 95.3% after sealing its SGD5.4bn (US$4.3bn) acquisition of Fraser & Neave's stake in the Tiger brewer.
Following a summer of speculation around APB's future, the Dutch brewer said today (15 November) it has completed its buy-out of F&N's direct and indirect stake in APB and its non-APB assets, held by Asia Pacific Investment Private Limited. It brings to an end an 81-year partnership between Heineken and F&N who set-up APB as a JV in 1931.
Heineken is now set to get 100% control of the brewer, as it will make a mandatory general offer for the rest of APB's shares. It paves the way for the brewer to boost its presence in Asia's lucrative emerging markets. The Dutch group said it will consolidate APB into its accounts from this month.
It had previously faced a fight for APB from Chang brewer ThaiBev, owned by Thai billionaire Chareon Sirivadhanabhakdi. However, after building up its stake in F&N, in what looked like an attempt to block Heineken's move for the brewer, the Thai firm agreed to the takeover in September.
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research