News alert: Heineken says licence agreement with Whitbread remains after Interbrew deal
Heineken will keep its licence agreement with UK brewer Whitbread, once it has been sold to Belgian brewer Interbrew, the company said in a statement.As just-drinks reported earlier in the week, Interbrew is the likely buyer for UK brewer Whitbread and is estimated to pay between £350m and £400m. No formal announcement has been made by the producer of Stella Artois but Heineken's statement does seem to pre-empt the deal. Heineken said: "Within the framework of the sale of the brewing division of Whitbread, Heineken's license partner in the UK, it has been agreed that Whitbread will comply with the current license agreement with Heineken. To this end Whitbread will retain the production, marketing and sales people and the necessary production capacity.Whitbread, Interbrew and Heineken have discussed the sale in advance of today's announcement and will continue to co-operate in the best interests of the customers and brands."Neither Whitbread or Interbrew were available for comment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review