UK: Heineken renews Manchester City FC tie-up
Amstel is among the brands that the deal covers
Heineken’s UK division has renewed its deal as official beer partner of Manchester City Football Club in the country.
The four-year renewal will see the Dutch brewer’s Foster’s, Heineken, Strongbow, Bulmers, Amstel and John Smith’s brands served on match days and during concerts at the club’s Ethiad stadium until the end of the 2017/8 season, Manchester City said today (28 August). Heineken and the club have had a commercial relationship for the past 18 years.
Lawson Mountstevens, Heineken UK’s on-trade MD, said: “We are delighted to extend our partnership with one of the most ambitious clubs in world football.”
Financial details behind the partnership were not disclosed.
Last week, Heineken reported a dip in first-half group net profits and sales.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages