US: Heineken releases black light bottle
Check out the other image for the new bottle
The US arm of Heineken has launched an aluminium bottle specifically for the country's on-trade.
The bottle, called 'STR', by Heineken USA, has been designed to react to the black light commonly found in bars and clubs. The packaging, which is pictured right, illuminates to show a pattern of stars and trails when lit by neon.
The STR bottle launched this week with events at 'Heineken Inspire' in Los Angeles and the Heineken 'US Open Player Party' in New York City.
It will now be rolled out nation-wide for a limited, albeit unspecified, period.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends