US: Heineken recruits Diageo, Nielsen execs
From 11 October, Nick Lake will become Heineken USA's new senior director for category management, while Monique Acevedo will become the unit's first VP of innovation, effective from 28 September. Lake, who joins the unit from Nielsen, will be responsible for directing category management activity, leading 16 category managers who handle national and regional off-premise and on-premise chain accounts.
Acevedo, meanwhile, joins Heineken USA from Diageo to manage the innovation team.
Lake replaces HyunJoo Linder, who has "left to pursue other opportunities", a spokesperson for Heineken USA told just-drinks. The spokesperson declined to provide further details. He will report to Steve Ward, VP of national accounts and Acevedo will report to Lesya Lesyj, chief marketing officer. At Nielsen, Lake was most recently VP, group client director. Acevedo was director of innovation at Diageo, and has spent eight years at The Coca-Cola Co in various roles.
Lake will be based out of Atlanta, Georgia, with Acevedo set to work out of New York.
In these modern times, as the world gets smaller, Diageo would appear to be embracing the softly-softly approach of the post-colonial age....
C&C Group is looking to exit the UK's white cider category, just-drinks understands....
Reed's has secured distribution for its soft drinks brands in the western Michigan region....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit