UK: Heineken recruits Cantona for UK Kronenbourg 1664 ad
Eric Cantona in the new Kronenbourg TV ad
The ex-Manchester United player and French international appears in the new advert, 'A Taste Supreme', which will premiere on UK TV on Monday (4 February). Filmed in France's Alsace region, it features Cantona suggesting that the area's hop farmers are “treated like the footballers of Britain”.
The hop farmers are pursued by “paparazzi and beautiful women”, Heineken said, while Cantona is ignored.
The ad is the second phase of the 'A Taste Supreme' campaign, which launched last September in national press and on outdoor billboards.
Brasseries Kronenbourg is owned by Carlsberg, although the Kronenbourg 1664 lager brand is licensed to Heineken in the UK.
The UK arm of Heineken has been admonished by the country's Advertising Standards Authority for a television advert that ran earlier this year....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range