IRELAND: Heineken raises beer prices
Heineken Ireland has said it will raise beer prices by 3% from October, as it and other brewers look to swallow rising costs.
Trade customers were informed of the price rise last week, a Heineken Ireland spokesperson told just-drinks on Friday (12 September).
He said the decision would likely mean a EUR0.10 price increase for consumers and followed "double-digit rises in input costs".
One of Heineken's main rivals in Ireland, Diageo, may also raise prices. A spokesperson for Diageo Ireland told just-drinks in August that the firm was "considering" a 2% rise in wholesale prices for Guinness.
Belgium-based beer giant Anheuser-Busch InBev saw its fourth-quarter profit plummet 95% yesterday (5 March), hurt by restructuring charges and poor beer sales. Michelle Russell looks at the reaction t...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the previously announced sale of its InBev USA business, to an affiliate of KPS Capital Partners, LP...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is consolidating its operations in the UK, with the appointment of the head of its combined UK and Ireland business....
European brewing association The Brewers of Europe said today (13 March) that it welcomes the EU's Alcohol and Health Forum set up to fight alcohol misuse....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is no longer under pressure to sell assets in 2009, due to progress on cost savings and a strong cash flow, analysts believe....
Sun InBev, the Russian subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has opened a new EUR150m (US$192m) brewery in the country....
Two UK drinks containing vodka are being forced to re-brand following a complaint under the Portman Group's code of practice....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020