IRELAND: Heineken raises beer prices
Heineken Ireland has said it will raise beer prices by 3% from October, as it and other brewers look to swallow rising costs.
Trade customers were informed of the price rise last week, a Heineken Ireland spokesperson told just-drinks on Friday (12 September).
He said the decision would likely mean a EUR0.10 price increase for consumers and followed "double-digit rises in input costs".
One of Heineken's main rivals in Ireland, Diageo, may also raise prices. A spokesperson for Diageo Ireland told just-drinks in August that the firm was "considering" a 2% rise in wholesale prices for Guinness.
Belgium-based beer giant Anheuser-Busch InBev saw its fourth-quarter profit plummet 95% yesterday (5 March), hurt by restructuring charges and poor beer sales. Michelle Russell looks at the reaction t...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the previously announced sale of its InBev USA business, to an affiliate of KPS Capital Partners, LP...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is consolidating its operations in the UK, with the appointment of the head of its combined UK and Ireland business....
European brewing association The Brewers of Europe said today (13 March) that it welcomes the EU's Alcohol and Health Forum set up to fight alcohol misuse....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is no longer under pressure to sell assets in 2009, due to progress on cost savings and a strong cash flow, analysts believe....
Sun InBev, the Russian subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has opened a new EUR150m (US$192m) brewery in the country....
Two UK drinks containing vodka are being forced to re-brand following a complaint under the Portman Group's code of practice....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research