BELARUS: Heineken quiet over Rechitsapivo talks
Heineken has stayed silent on rumours it is in talks with Belarus' Rechitsapivo brewery over potentially taking a controlling stake.
Speaking to just drinks today (16 April), a spokesperson for Heineken said: "We never comment on specific acquisition opportunities," after local reports suggested that the Dutch brewer was eyeing a stake of around 33% and upwards.
In January, Heineken acquired the holding company of Belarus-based Syabar Brewing Co. for an undisclosed sum. The parent firm has been bought from a consortium led by Detroit Investments Limited (Cyprus) and the International Finance Corporation, an affiliate of the World Bank.
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers presents definite opportunities for the dark beer category, writes Catherine Mars of Euromonitor International....
Chile's largest brewer, Compañía Cervecerías Unidas (CCU), has said that volumes have increased by 12% in the first nine months of its financial year....
Heineken has received unconditional approval from the Irish Competition Authority for its acquisition of Beamish & Crawford....
Asia Pacific Breweries has appointed a new deputy regional director....
Global Brands has announced a change of leadership as part of a wider restructure of its management team....
The owner of Spanish beer brand San Miguel has sided with Carlsberg in the UK, despite Heineken's purchase of the UK operations of former partner Scottish & Newcastle earlier this year....
Some of the drinks industry's biggest names are thought to be eyeing Australian group Foster's, just-drinks understands....
The top ten most read stories on just-drinks last week....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research