Heineken plans US$18m capacity boost for Red Stripe brewery
Heineken said Red Stripe's increased capacity will mainly serve export markets
Heineken is to double production at its Red Stripe brewery in Jamaica as it continues plans to return the beer's production to the country.
The EUR16m (US$18m) expansion, expected to be completed by the end of the year, will add half a million hectolitres to capacity at the Kingston site. The new capacity will equal about 10m cases, up from 5m cases, Heineken said.
The move follows Heineken's announcement that it wants to return Red Stripe production to Jamaica "by the end of this year" in the wake of its acquisition from Diageo. Under Diageo's control, some Red Stripe production was moved to North America.
A Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks that the expanded capacity in Jamaica will mainly serve the export market. Previously, Heineken said it has a plan to make Red Stripe "a truly global brand".
The brewer released its H1 results last week, shrugging off a "subdued" Q2 to post first-half sales and volumes growth.
CORRECTION: This article was amended on 9 August. The original incorrectly stated that the investment in the new brewery was US$16m instead of EUR16m.
Canadean's "Heineken N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Canadean's "Heineken UK Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
Heineken Group is a global alcoholic drinks player present in more than 70 countries around the world....
Heineken Slovensko, part of the Heineken NV group, was one of the largest producers of beer and cider in Slovakia in 2015....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends