RUSSIA: Heineken Ochakovo purchase dismissed
Heineken will not buy Ochakovo, according to the Russian beer maker. Contrary to rumours that Heineken has offered between US$500m and $600m for the company, Ochakovo's commercial director and major shareholder has denied the reports.
Vyacheslav Merkulov, speaking to the Vedomosti business daily last week, said: "Heineken is not buying Ochakovo and there were no such negotiations. There are few companies left in Russia which have purely Russian roots. I think Russia should have a major brewer that should develop Russian traditions in the business. As far as I see, our shareholders and the board of directors share this idea."
In the meantime, the Russian beer and soft drink manufacturer is to carry out an additional issue of 39,400 preferred shares in order to prevent potential problems if any of the company's shares are bought by rivals.
Ochakovo intends to begin production of a foreign licensed beer brand in mid-2004. There is no agreement on this yet and the company is still in talks with several companies from Germany, Denmark, Czech Republic and the US, he told the paper.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020