PANAMA: Heineken makes $56m bid for Baru
Dutch brewing group, Heineken, has made a $56m bid for the Panamanian brewer, Cervecerias Baru-Panama. Heineken has made the bid for total control of the company in collaboration with its Central American partner, Florida Ice and Farm Co (FIFCO). If successful, Heineken would end up with 75% of Baru while FIFCO would own the remaining 25%. Heineken said it would be financing the deal with cash and expected Baru to make a contribution to group net profit after the first two years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch