PANAMA: Heineken makes $56m bid for Baru
Dutch brewing group, Heineken, has made a $56m bid for the Panamanian brewer, Cervecerias Baru-Panama. Heineken has made the bid for total control of the company in collaboration with its Central American partner, Florida Ice and Farm Co (FIFCO). If successful, Heineken would end up with 75% of Baru while FIFCO would own the remaining 25%. Heineken said it would be financing the deal with cash and expected Baru to make a contribution to group net profit after the first two years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review