US: Heineken launches new beer can
Heineken's new beer can for the US market
Heineken has redesigned cans for its namesake beer brand in the US.
Heineken said today (31 January) that its new 6oz and 12oz cans will launch in the US in February. A 24oz can will launch this summer.
The new can has been designed to emphasise Heineken's premium credentials on a tough mainstream beer market in the US. "The new design stands out better on shelf, in the cold box and on display," said the brewer's vice president of marketing, Filip Wouters.
He said that the group has used new ink technology that enables Heineken's logo to stand out from the can, as if embossed.
"We will support this new can with several million dollars of dedicated above the line support to secure our innovative leadership position in the import can segment," Wouters added.
The US arm of Heineken is preparing the next advert in its 'Be a Man of the World' campaign for Heineken Light....
Castel Group's African beer business, Brasseries & Glacieres Internationales, has reportedly formed a joint-venture with Raya Brewery in Ethiopia....
Heineken UK has said that Foster's will again sponsor the Edinburgh Comedy Awards this year....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends