US: Heineken launches locator app in football push
Heineken consumers are more aware of football than average Americans
Heineken is banking on a growing awareness of football among its US consumers to help drive retail sales through a new online app.
The Dutch brewer said yesterday (5 March) that its UEFA Champions League marketing campaign will direct traffic to the app, which locates the nearest brand Heineken outlet. The mobile app can also be accessed online and through Heineken's Facebook page, the company said.
Heineken, a long-time sponsor of the Champions League in Europe, launched the campaign in the US at the start of the month, targeting the increasing number of Americans watching soccer. The brewer said the game is now second in popularity to American football, with Heineken drinkers 30% more likely to have watched the sport than the national average.
“Our goal is to leverage the successful relationship that UEFA Champions League and Heineken have built worldwide,” Heineken said.
In 2011, Heineken signed a new deal with UEFA to sponsor the Champions League until 2015.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly