US: Heineken launches locator app in football push
Heineken consumers are more aware of football than average Americans
Heineken is banking on a growing awareness of football among its US consumers to help drive retail sales through a new online app.
The Dutch brewer said yesterday (5 March) that its UEFA Champions League marketing campaign will direct traffic to the app, which locates the nearest brand Heineken outlet. The mobile app can also be accessed online and through Heineken's Facebook page, the company said.
Heineken, a long-time sponsor of the Champions League in Europe, launched the campaign in the US at the start of the month, targeting the increasing number of Americans watching soccer. The brewer said the game is now second in popularity to American football, with Heineken drinkers 30% more likely to have watched the sport than the national average.
“Our goal is to leverage the successful relationship that UEFA Champions League and Heineken have built worldwide,” Heineken said.
In 2011, Heineken signed a new deal with UEFA to sponsor the Champions League until 2015.
Heineken has avoided action from the UK's advertising authorities after a complaint over a TV ad for Bulmers. ...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends