MEXICO/US: Heineken launches Hispanic Tecate push in Mexico, US
Heineken has readied a Spanish advertising campaign for its Tecate beer brand in the US and Mexico.
The company, which inherited Tecate when it acquired FEMSA's beer business, FEMSA Cerveza, in January 2010, said earlier this week that the activity, which is entitled 'Es Fácil Ser Hombre' ('It’s Easy Being a Man'), revolves around three television ads and three radio spots. The campaign will be backed by out-of-home ads, which will run in “key markets” in the two companies.
Financial details behind the creative were not disclosed.
The three TV ads are 'Boda' ('Wedding'), 'Llaves' ('Keys') and 'Pétalos' ('Petals'). The 60-second radio ads are called 'Pregunta' ('Question'), 'Teléfono' ('Telephone') and 'Película' ('Movie').
“Since the ads are running in Mexico and the US, to ensure consumers on both sides of the border are being exposed to the same messaging, we had to ensure the scenarios presented were relatable to all Hispanic men, not just Mexicans,” said Felix Palau, VP of marketing for Tecate at Heineken.
'Es Fácil Ser Hombre' will launch nationally, but will be concentrated on the brand’s key markets of California, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Illinois.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research