MEXICO/US: Heineken launches Hispanic Tecate push in Mexico, US
Heineken has readied a Spanish advertising campaign for its Tecate beer brand in the US and Mexico.
The company, which inherited Tecate when it acquired FEMSA's beer business, FEMSA Cerveza, in January 2010, said earlier this week that the activity, which is entitled 'Es Fácil Ser Hombre' ('It’s Easy Being a Man'), revolves around three television ads and three radio spots. The campaign will be backed by out-of-home ads, which will run in “key markets” in the two companies.
Financial details behind the creative were not disclosed.
The three TV ads are 'Boda' ('Wedding'), 'Llaves' ('Keys') and 'Pétalos' ('Petals'). The 60-second radio ads are called 'Pregunta' ('Question'), 'Teléfono' ('Telephone') and 'Película' ('Movie').
“Since the ads are running in Mexico and the US, to ensure consumers on both sides of the border are being exposed to the same messaging, we had to ensure the scenarios presented were relatable to all Hispanic men, not just Mexicans,” said Felix Palau, VP of marketing for Tecate at Heineken.
'Es Fácil Ser Hombre' will launch nationally, but will be concentrated on the brand’s key markets of California, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Illinois.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research