MEXICO/US: Heineken launches Hispanic Tecate push in Mexico, US
Heineken has readied a Spanish advertising campaign for its Tecate beer brand in the US and Mexico.
The company, which inherited Tecate when it acquired FEMSA's beer business, FEMSA Cerveza, in January 2010, said earlier this week that the activity, which is entitled 'Es Fácil Ser Hombre' ('It’s Easy Being a Man'), revolves around three television ads and three radio spots. The campaign will be backed by out-of-home ads, which will run in “key markets” in the two companies.
Financial details behind the creative were not disclosed.
The three TV ads are 'Boda' ('Wedding'), 'Llaves' ('Keys') and 'Pétalos' ('Petals'). The 60-second radio ads are called 'Pregunta' ('Question'), 'Teléfono' ('Telephone') and 'Película' ('Movie').
“Since the ads are running in Mexico and the US, to ensure consumers on both sides of the border are being exposed to the same messaging, we had to ensure the scenarios presented were relatable to all Hispanic men, not just Mexicans,” said Felix Palau, VP of marketing for Tecate at Heineken.
'Es Fácil Ser Hombre' will launch nationally, but will be concentrated on the brand’s key markets of California, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Illinois.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research