MEXICO: Heineken launches Dos Equis 'Kaws' bottles
The Dos Equis 'Kaws' promo from FEMSA Cerveza
The move marks one of Heineken's first major promotions for Dos Equis since acquiring FEMSA Cerveza. Kaws, whose paint characters have XX instead of eyes, has designed green bottles featuring two big red XX for premium Dos Equis lager and ambar.
The move is generating "much buzz" on blogs and across the internet, where the limited edition will be advertised, a spokesperson for Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma Brewery, a division of FEMSA, told just-drinks this week.
"This is our first campaign under Heineken and also the first time we promote a product only via the internet and through social networks like Facebook and Twitter," he said. Around 720,000 bottles of XX lager and ambar will be distributed in Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey.
There are sound reasons behind Anheuser-Busch InBev's foray into the cider market with Stella Cidre, but the brand needs to be clear about what it's trying to do if it's going to survive as a latecome...
The Chilean drinks giant part-owned by Heineken, Compania Cervecerias Unidas, has recorded a drop in full-year profits following the sale of its stake in Aguas CCU Nestle....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research