US: Heineken launches Be Cool promotion
Heineken International has secured a partnership with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox to launch a global promotional campaign for the new film "Be Cool". The film, starring John Travolta, premieres in the US on 4 March and internationally throughout March and April.
Heineken's promotional campaign for "Be Cool" will give moviegoers the chance to "Live the Life of Cool" and experience what it is like to be a Hollywood player.
Competition winners from local promotions will win a trip to Los Angeles including 5-star accommodation, entry into top restaurants and nightclubs and a host of additional prizes.
As part of the campaign, John Travolta will appear as Chili Palmer, the character he plays in the film, in a Heineken ad. The ad was shot in 30- and 45-second versions for television and cinema broadcast. The promotional campaign also comprises point of sale displays, on- and off-premise promotions, radio promotions, ticket giveaways to local screenings and tie-ins with local MGM/Fox field publicity and promotional events. The campaign will be activated in approximately 20 countries worldwide. The campaign and ad will also run on www.Heineken.com, starting on 7 March.
"We are excited to be partnered with MGM, 20th Century Fox and John Travolta for 'Be Cool,'" says Jeff Povlo Heineken International Sponsorship Manager. "With this film Heineken continues its long-standing association with high impact blockbusters which have a natural fit with the brand and which give us great opportunities to deliver unique experiences to our consumers."
John Travolta previously starred in a Heineken ad for the promotion of the 2001 film "Swordfish." Heineken's partnership with "Be Cool", follows earlier associations with other Hollywood films including "The Matrix Reloaded," "The Bourne Identity," "Die Another Day" and "Zoolander."
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Montana, the UK's leading New Zealand wine brand by volume and value, is to launch a its first consumer press campaign in April 2005 which will run for a minimum of four months. ...
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits