US: Heineken launches Amstel Light drive
Heineken USA has launched an extensive marketing campaign for flagship brand Amstel Light.
The campaign, announced yesterday (27 June), includes new advertising, a packaging redesign and "interactive and grassroots event marketing", according to the US arm of the Dutch brewing giant.
Heineken USA, the country's largest beer importer, hopes the move will boost its efforts to grab a greater share of the growing "luxury light" segment in the US.
The campaign, entitled 'Amstel Light. Live Tastefully', is designed to "connect with Amstel Light's urban sophisticate consumer at many common points of interest", Heineken USA said. The company plans to expand a number of partnerships, including those with celebrity chef Dave Lieberman and Aspen Food & Wine Festival, to boost awareness of the brand.
TV, radio and print advertising have already been rolled out in the US, featuring Amstel Light's new design, which according to Heineken USA, "clearly conveys its updated brand image to better connect the core consumer".
Heineken USA officials had failed to return requests for comment as just-drinks went to press.
As managing director of SABMiller's European division. Alan Clark has a diverse group of markets in his charge, including Russia, Italy, the Canary Islands and Romania. In the second part of this mont...
This month's just-drinks interview is a double-header, featuring two prominent executives from major international brewing groups operating in Europe. First, Olly Wehring discusses the challenges faci...
Heineken has bought into a Tunisian drinks group to bolster its presence in the north African country....
Anheuser-Busch will decide whether to enter India "probably within three months", the head of the US brewing giant's international operations told just-drinks today (12 December)....
Austrian beer brand Edelweiss will enjoy a complete makeover next year to focus on a new product - Edelweiss Snowfresh....
Brau Holding International, Germany's third-largest brewer, has insisted flagship brand Paulaner is not for sale amid reports that rival brewer Radeberger is eyeing the wheat beer....
The judge in Heineken's court case with its partners in Singapore has dismissed the Netherlands-based brewer's summons....
Orangina Schweppes has appointed Hughes Pietrini as marketing director....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts