THE NETHERLANDS: Heineken issues EUR1bn five-year notes
Heineken has completed the placing of EUR1bn (US$1.35bn) worth of five-year notes.
The brewer confirmed yesterday (25 March) that the notes have a coupon of 7 1/8%.
Proceeds from the offering will be used to partially refinance bank loans and for general corporate purposes.
The unrated notes, which were placed by Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citi, Credit Suisse and ING, were issued under the company's European Medium Term Note Programme and will be listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
Earlier this week, Heineken confirmed that two of its three Czech brewers, Krusovice and Starobrno, are to merge on 1 June.
Lion Nathan is to distribute the Budweiser portfolio of brands in Australia from December, the company announced this week....
Heineken has confirmed the divestment of the Stepan Timofeyevich kvass brand in Russia....
Heineken is to cut around 5% of its workforce in Romania by ceasing all malt production in the country, as part of the brewer's global cost savings strategy....
A ban on alcoholic drinks promotion on the internet in France remains in force, because a new law to legalise adverts and drinks websites has not been signed off....
Heineken is to cut jobs in Russia by closing brewing operations at the Stepan Razin Brewery, the oldest brewery in the country, in order to reduce costs....
SABMiller is to expand further in Africa by building a brewery in Namibia and buying the non-alcoholic Maheu drinks business of Trade Kings Ltd in Zambia....
Heineken has succeeded in halting the distribution of a beer called Keineken in Switzerland....
Cider firms in the UK may look to lower the alcohol content of their products, following in the footsteps of a new wave of lower alcohol beers, the new head of the country's cider trade body believes....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages