US: Heineken invites US consumers to 'Plug into Summer'
It's all about the music for Heineken in the US this summer
Heineken has lined up a music-related promotion for its Heineken and Heineken Light beer brands in the US.
The 'Plug into Summer' programme, announced by the Dutch brewer's US arm yesterday (27 April), will run across the country from Memorial Day (31 May) to Labor Day (6 September).
The campaign combines promotional packaging, shot code technology, and in-store programming with brand experiences in major cities, merchandise tie-ins with partners such as Fender Guitars, and PR, digital and media activation.
Retail displays will feature light, sound and themed display enhancers, including branded guitars, iPod docking speaker with amp and lighted music towers.
Promotional packaging will also highlight music rewards on offer ‘under the cap’. Rewards, claimed by scanning or texting in the code found under the cap, range from downloads of music tracks from Universal Music Group and limited edition merchandise from Fender Guitars to access to music events.
Early this year, Heineken posted a rise in underlying organic profits for 2009.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets