RUSSIA: Heineken introduces new light lager - report
Heineken has introduced a new light lager beer across Russia, according to reports.
As cited by SKRIN Newswire on Friday (21 September), the brewer announced it has launched Dr Diesel in the country late last month.
The new brand will be positioned in the premium class beer segment and will be supported by a wide promotion campaign across various mass media, the reports claimed.
Heineken Russia's marketing vice president Yury Shwalbe was cited as saying: "We have determined opportunities for this brand to continue to succeed and have launched a new light sort of Doctor Diesel. The strong Doctor Diesel beer sort, already familiar to the consumer, will remain in the portfolio of the company brands under the name of Doctor Diesel Strong and will be manufactured in the packing with a new modern design."
The beer will retail at RUB25 (US$1) per half litre bottle.
No-one was available at Heineken to confirm the reports when contacted by just-drinks today (24 September).
Carlsberg has said it is "very happy" with the conditions set by the Russian competition commission (FAS) regarding its plans to acquire complete control of the country's brewer Baltika....
The Russian competition commission (FAS) has given the green light to Carlsberg's plan to acquire complete control of the country's brewer Baltika. However, there were conditions....
Pernod Ricard is updating and expanding its Jameson Irish Whiskey Reserve offering in the US with new packaging and the addition of two new products....
Heineken USA has readied a national advertising campaign in the US for FEMSA's Cerveza Tecate Mexican beer brand....
Heineken has announced that Mary Minnick, a partner in UK-based venture capital group Lion Capital, is to join its Supervisory Board....
Asia Pacific Breweries has completed the construction of its greenfield brewery in Laos....
Carlsberg's bid to take over part of Scottish & Newcastle has been approved by the European Union....
Heineken-APB (China) has bought up the remaining shares in Shanghai Asia Pacific Brewery that it does not already own....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits