UK: Heineken gives John Smith's Grand National TV push
Heineken has released a one-off television advert in the UK for its John Smith's beer brand, to coincide with this year's Grand National horse race.
The beer, which has sponsored the Grand National since 2005, will be the subject of the TV ad that runs in the country ahead of the race meet next month. The move represents the first time that John Smith's tie-up with the race has incorporated broadcast media.
The commercial will be aired on racing channel Racing UK and shown on screens at Aintree race course, where the Grand National takes place, and other racecourses across the country.
“This is a great addition to the marketing mix that we have employed over the years to leverage our sponsorship of the Grand National,” said Karen Crowley, senior brand manager for John Smith's at Heineken. “For the first time, we have created an ad around our racing platform. This allows us to communicate our sponsorship well in advance of the Grand National and extend our reach of the campaign to a broadcast and digital audience.”
Click play, below, to view the ad.
The future remains bright for the energy drinks category, according to Richard Haffner....
Carlsberg was keen to put on a show in Russia last week. The Danish company had invited the analyst community to its main Baltika brewery in St Petersburg and wanted to reassure folk that, despite rec...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down