Heineken gives Amstel first UK TV outing - video
Heineken has lined up the first television advert in the UK for its Amstel lager brand.
Amstel, which started a three-year sponsorship deal with the UEFA Europa League football tournament last year, will run the ad in the UK for the first time this evening. Filmed in Amsterdam, the spot will run on terrestrial television, starting during this evening's Euro 2016 match between England and Slovakia.
Financial details behind the activation were not disclosed.
"In March, Amstel was successfully launched into the off-trade at scale with significant investment," said David Lette, UK brand director at Heineken. "This will now be bolstered by substantial investment in this new TV ad. It … will drive further awareness of the brand's continental origins."
In the UK, Amstel is brewed in-market. Last year, the brand came under threat of being delisted by UK and Ireland pub chain JD Wetherspoon.
Heineken Group is a global alcoholic drinks player present in more than 70 countries around the world....
Earlier today, Heineken reported a 0.6% increase in sales from the brewer's first quarter. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance in the three months to the end of March by r...
Heineken Slovensko, part of the Heineken NV group, was one of the largest producers of beer and cider in Slovakia in 2015....
Heineken Hungária aims to strengthen its position as the leading producer of premium lager in Hungary and supply the local market with both high quality beer and cider products....
Heineken México is the second largest beer company in Mexico, after Grupo Modelo....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World