NETHERLANDS: Heineken gets EU inquiry deadline for S&N deal
Heineken has received its inquiry deadline from The European Commission over its acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle.
The inquiry deadline for the Dutch brewer's proposed acquisition of S&N assets is reportedly set for 18 March. Heineken is acquiring S&N together with Danish brewer Carlsberg for GBP7.8bn (US$15.3bn).
Carlsberg's part of the acquisition is the subject of a separate EU inquiry and has a deadline of 7 March.
No one was available for comment at Heineken when contacted by just-drinks today.
Asia Pacific Breweries has posted a "very satisfactory" set of results for its third quarter, despite a plunge in sales in China....
The runners and riders are lining up to buy Cadbury Schweppes' Australian soft drinks unit, should it be put up for sale....
Challenger Wine Trust has posted a healthy set of results for its latest fiscal year....
Drinks Americas has continued its loss-shrinking, sales slowing trend in its latest full-year....
The Wirtz Beverage Group has appointed a leadership team for its national portfolio of wine, spirit and beer distributorships....
Krombacher has dismissed local reports that it is in Heineken's sights for a possible acquisition....
Carlsberg has said that beer sales in emerging markets remained strong during the first half of 2008, as the Danish brewer announced a 22% rise in operating profit....
Heineken may have to wait another three months to close its purchase of Scottish & Newcastle's operations in Ireland....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends