COMMENT: Heineken gains good foothold in growing Russian market
The announcement yesterday by Dutch brewer Heineken that it is to acquire Russia's fourth largest brewer Bravo International has gone down well with industry analysts, despite the high price. The continued growth of the Russian beer market is no doubt the attraction for Heineken, which paid US$400m for Bravo, which sold 2.5m hl of beer and 400,000 hl of cocktail drinks in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter