MEXICO: Heineken forecasts beer sales rebound in 2011
Heineken's Mexican unit, Cuahtemoc Moctuzema, expects beer sales will recover in 2011 after a two-year slump in the country.
An expected recovery in Mexico's economy in the second half of the year, coupled with higher marketing investment by Heineken, should boost sales during the summer season and the rest of the year, a company official told just-drinks yesterday (17 May). The official would not provide an exact forecast, however.
Mexico is key to Heineken's emerging markets strategy, following its acquisition of FEMSA Cerveza last year.
Heineken's CCM subsidiary has identified seven regions where it hopes to boost sales by targeting certain consumer profiles. "Mexico is a very big market with many different flavour and image preferences," the official said. He added CCM's "Superior" brand sells strongly in the country's Southeast region while "Carta Blanca" has won hearts in the North.
According to the official, Mexico's beer market was growing by up to 7% per year before the country's reccession.
Kirin Holdings has cleared a major hurdle in agreeing to take full ownership of Schincariol, but now the real work begins....
Heineken can largely thank Africa for the surprise rise in sales in the third quarter of its fiscal year, with the much-vaunted FEMSA Cerveza business in Mexico a late developer....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research