UK: Heineken forced to change adverts - report
Heineken has been forced to make changes to its current TV advertising campaign, according to press reports. The Times said yesterday that the communications regulator, Ofcom, has ruled that the ads, featuring Ray Liotta, breach regulations by placing undue emphasis on the alcoholic strength of Heineken's beer.
The campaign is designed to inform drinkers of Heineken's move to scrap 3.4% ABV Heineken Cold Filtered and switch to its premium-strength lager with an ABV of 5%, the newspaper reported.
Heineken has accepted Ofcom's decision and will make a number of changes, including removing the end-line "Heineken - We believe in better".
Speaking to The Times, Leslie Meredith, Heineken's UK director of marketing, said: "It wasn't our intention to suggest that the beer was better because of the alcohol content.
"We're saying it's a better beer than the old Heineken Cold Filtered because of the ingredients, the brewing process and the fact that it's a genuine imported beer and the beer that people love to drink when they go abroad."
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Spanish beer maker San Miguel has launched the new San Miguel 0.0% Apple to continue expanding in the country's booming market for alcohol-free brews....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research